Thursday, December 17, 2009

Remember When

Remember you were fourteen and I was fifteen,

We had no concept of what was beginning,

But He had a plan, and we were in love,

And that was all we cared about.

Remember how I loved to make you laugh?

To this day, that laugh makes everything better,

And I still love to hear it.

Remember how cute your smile was with braces,

Your smile still gives me butterflies.

Remember the day we were married?

Everyone told me I should be a nervous wreck,

I wasn’t nervous at all,

Why would I be when this was all I had wanted for such a long time?

Remember bed rest, and our first baby?

You were amazing in labor and delivery,

And with that baby boy’s first cry a new chapter had begun for us.

I almost lost you that day.

The nurse pretended not to panic while calling a Dr;

Your mom had to walk out,

And I wept as I pleaded with the Father not to take you from me.

Remember the hard times,

When we were awful to each other.

We hurt each other so deeply,

But our Father is gracious

And He knit our hearts together tighter than we knew possible.

Remember finding out we were having a girl

And our first glimpse of that red tinted peach fuzz on her baby bald head.

Then came our second boy.

Our little ball of energy and “frankness”.

Now here we are, twenty some years later,

And I am more in love with you today than I have ever been.

You are the strongest, most loving person I know.

You are the truest friend I have ever known,

I wouldn’t change one step of the journey we’ve traveled together.

You have made my life wonderful, and I thank God for every second He’s given us.

Thank you for your love and for supporting me no matter what.

I love you



No comments:

Post a Comment